The Twilight Journals New Moon

Monday, March 16, 2009

Wuthering Heights and what-not

“We have sold as many copies of Wuthering Heights in the first two months of 2009 as we usually sell in a whole year,” said a spokeswoman for Le Livre de Poche, the publisher of the French translation…We are on course to sell several tens of thousands of copies this year, which is exceptional. The enthusiasm has prompted a lot of bookshops to put Brontë on display next to Stephenie Meyer, and that has obviously encouraged people to buy both of them.”

Link: Twilight Lexicon

I read this on Twilight Lexicon and it was kind of funny it made me think back to when I first read Twilight, many many moons ago, and my sister was reading it also. She actually stole my Twilight book when I put it down to get a drink. Anyway she was so bored I told her to read my copy of Wuthering Heights. She read a chapter of it before she put it down and just could not read it. The point here is that she wanted to read it cause of the Twilight books. I already had Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, and Romeo and Juliet because I'm an English Lit major.

So yeah, I can't really answer the question of wanting to read them as a result of Twilight. But I can say it's probably true for many Twilight readers out there.

You can read the full article here: Times Online

No comments:

Post a Comment