The Twilight Journals New Moon

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Juan Antonio Bayona to direct Eclipse


According to Variety, Summit have their director for Eclipse!

Now it still hasn't been officially confirmed, so who knows really. Don't bite the messenger, unless your Jackson.

"Summit Entertainment has tapped Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona to
direct "Eclipse," the third pic in the "Twilight" vampire series.
Summit,
which had no comment Wednesday, is expected to make the official announcement
soon. The minimajor recently gave "Eclipse" a release date of June 30, 2010.
Bayona's a protege of Guillermo Del Toro. He directed the Spanish-language
horror-thriller "The Orphanage," which was exec produced by Del Toro, and is
attached to helm the Universal thriller "Hater," with Del Toro and Mark Johnson
producing."

Del Toro's protege? Del Toro rocks, I'm yet to see him here in NZ...come on, you gotta come to Auckland sometime, you and Peter Jackson! I can't wait for The Hobbit....oh sorry I got carried away. What was I saying? Oh right, Del Toro's protege...I remember watching Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth for Film Studies - and it gave me nightmares. I'm just not horror/thriller/graphic genre enough. But doubt New Moon will have any of that creepy stuff in it. Werewolves aren't creepy. In fact, he'll probably be able to create a mean werewolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment